ResponsibilitiesThis position is a new position that will be responsible for code development of scientific libraries and applications for computational simulations and their adaptation to high performance computers (HPC) in physics and other disciplines.
The position will also serve as a resource to investigators (faculty members, post-docs, staff researchers, undergraduates, etc.) involved in computationally intensive research.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
* Develop code using professional coding standards including documentation
* Assist with scaling of code to run on HPC
* Introduce scientific software development best practices to students, researchers, and faculty
* Help train undergraduate and graduate students to develop, scale, and maintain code
* Respond in a timely manner to inquiries from researchers regarding their code, hardware, software, networking, and other HPC-related issues
* Pro-actively educate the research community about the resources available through ARC, through one-on-one tutorials, group presentations, written material, or other ways as needed
* Assist faculty with grant proposals involving U-M's research computing resources
* Help ARC and Flux staff in planning additional hardware, software, and infrastructure acquisition as indicated by your interaction with researchers.
- $70,000.00 – $100,000.00